Icam (Institut Catholique d’Arts et Métiers) is a group of private schools delivering Engineering Degrees (Master level) and offering trainings in engineering: lectures and qualifications, internships in our labs in R&D projects (for short or long periods), research activities, cooperative programs. Icam offers students an educational environment unmatched for its diversity of thought and experience, aiming at encouraging a personal development. The lectures are organized on a human scale, permitting students to benefit from small groups, leading to a richer and fuller exchange with other students and staff members. Icam’s full time teaching staff ensures the role of following and guiding students throughout the year, throughout their studies and projects. Graduate engineers can benefit from the highly active alumni network, which will allow the alumni to maintain their relations with their university and provide them with information on local or international events and changes throughout their careers.
A commitment to excellence, Icam’s curriculum and skills to achieve new ideas, better solutions and vital answers within companies and everyday life is Icam’s goal. Icam is accredited by CTI, Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur, and is a member of CGE, Conférence des Grandes Ecoles.
LE2M Laboratory (Laboratoire Energétique, Mécanique et Matériaux) of ICAM Nantes campus covers all activities of Mechanical Engineering, Material Engineering, Thermal and Fluid Mechanics. Research projects are carried out by teams of students working full time for one semester and monitored by a teacher/lecturer. All R&D projects are performed under contract with companies (from small and medium businesses to large companies (AIRBUS, DCNS, VALEO …). LE2M has strong relations with academics and research institutions (ULiège/ANAST, ECN/LHEAA, CEA, CSTB, etc.) and companies of maritime industry (STX EUROPE, DCNS, ALSTOM, BUREAU VERITAS, BENETEAU JANNEAU, etc.). Its researchers have rich experiences in:
- Composite structure dimensioning manufacturing: draping, Resin Infusion, RTM, heating, forming, welding…
- Industrial demonstrators: mechanics, energetic, automation, production.
The areas of research for shipbuilding and offshore industries include:
- Modelling the dynamic behavior of metallic and composite immerged structures when submitted to accidental loads (seism, impact and explosion).
- Instrumentation and measurement of embarked structures dynamic behavior
- Modelling of production workflow
- Recycling of composite materials, wastes and industrial products
- Energy: design and manufacturing of energy production and management systems